Helping sellers sell more stuff.
Role: UI/UX Design + Discovery
Tools: Invision, Sketch, Zeplin
Platforms: iOS, Android, Web
Sellers struggle with reaching more buyers outside of VarageSale.
1. Users don’t feel like there are enough people viewing their items.
2. Users want to be able to share what they’re selling to the masses.
Creating a public, shareable version of the seller’s items will increase shares, items sold + overall sign ups.
Initial Discovery (survey sent to 300 sellers/super sellers)
- 65% of users liked the idea of a public page to showcase their items.
- 89% of users would want this feature to be opt-in
- Cons: family/friends seeing items and exposure to non-vs people.
- Pros: More views, more sales, wider audience reach
Results + Learnings
- Initial roll-out to 500,000 users = 4% store enables
- Store visits to signup % = 5% in the first month
- Store visits per share = 15:1 in the first month